Bio oil was originated by the South African based, German chemist Dieter Beier. Beier has done extensive work within the skincare industry having been behind the origination of other top cosmetic products on the world market. His work and research within the oil based skin care industry started in the 1970s. During this time he was able to formulate the bio oil product which was finalized and launched in 1987. Since then the formula for the oil has remained the same and the oil is now widely used across the world and is well-known for its amazing benefits.
Bio oil is oil known for its properties in producing that natural flawless and radiant skin. It is known as a top-seller remedy for scars and stretch marks. It is a good facial moisturizer and acne healer. It is a oil that does not clog your pores with grease and helps your skin resist ageing by slowing the process of wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. It gives the skin an even tone and eradicates blotchiness.
Bio Oil Ingredients
Bio oil is a potent mixture that consists of a host of essential oils and some other elements that have cleaning and antibacterial properties. The oil consists of sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, isopropyl limonene, among others. These ingredients work to enhance the moisturizing and healing capabilities that the oil offers. They all serve their purposes within the oil, rosemary oil helps with treating inflammation and the reduction of scars; chamomile helps to achieve even skin tone; lavender oil helps with treating damages made to the skin and the other properties help to bring everything together.
Bio Oil Benefits
Let us look at the specific benefits that the bio oil provides:
Bio care is popularly used for skin care. Its properties are perfect for providing healthy skin and helping to treat skin issues such as acne and scars. Here is a list of benefits that the oil provides for the skin:
- Diminishes the appearance of new and old scars on your skin
- Helps to prevent the development of stretch marks on the skin.
- Enhances the appearance of stretch marks that are already present on the skin
- Treats hyper pigmentation and evens the skin tone.
- Corrects the skin problems that are caused by hormones and sunburn.
- Helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
- Helps to rejuvenate the skin by restoring the skin’s natural elements that might have been diminished by the use of chemicals and exposure to elements within the external environment like the sun or climate changes.
This oil nourishes your skin so much so that it will keep aging at a bay by rejuvenating and renewing skin cells. Nature’s second chance to a youthful and attractive look. It will also moisturize your skin leaving it smooth and protected from attack by extreme weathers as well as free radicals.
A sufficient sun screen, better than synthetic sunscreens by far. Your skin left soft and no grease residue that clogs the pores.
There is the improvement of the skin tone in that it is left even and protected from blotchiness in just a few weeks.
The vitamins A and E keeps your skin healthy always and resistant to conditions such dry, chapped skin, irritation and inflammation brought about by extreme weather conditions and other causes.
Bio oil is also a good soldier when it comes to combating acne. It can be used for spot treatment and lightening of dark marks left by acne infection. It also serves as a non-greasy moisturizer and is the preferable choice to other acne products that come with the baggage of adverse side effects.
Applying bio oil sparingly before your foundation brings about a glow on your skin. Alternatively, you can just dab it on the cheeks for that highlighting sheen.
Compared to the usual Vaseline, using bio oil as a makeup base is less messy. The very light oil blends well on those cheeks and lips.
The bio oil is also a good protection for the skin against harsh conditions. It is easily absorbed into the skin and moisturizes it to bring a soothing effect on that scorched skin.
Bio oil is enriched with vitamin E that helps sustain your nails and keep them strong and healthy. It can be used to maintain your manicure or to restore your nails after they have been damaged. If you spend time doing a lot of hand washing for example or if you perform heavy duty work that puts pressure on your nails bio oil can help you to revive them. Simply massage some bio oil into your cuticles regularly to maintain the health of the nail bed.
Bio oil is also a remedy of choice for achieving healthy damage free hair. Applying bio oil onto dry hair ends helps prevent split ends and helps to facilitate hair growth. It is also a perfect treatment to use before you wash your hair, it will help to maintain your hair’s strength or revive your hair if it is damaged. To make use of this benefit apply the oil to your hair and massage it in ensuring that it is evenly distributed. Wrap your hair and keep the treatment in overnight to lock the moisture in. Wash your hair with your regular organic shampoo in the morning and style as desired.
The Many Uses of Bio Oil
There is an extensive list of the ways in which bio oil can be used to remedy many issues and to maintain your health. Here are just a few ideas of how to use bio oil to attain its wonderful benefits:
- Use as a facial: Bio oil can work to rejuvenate your face and make it look fresh. To use the oil for your facial just add about 5 drops of the oil to a dish with warm water. Soak a washcloth in the mixture and then use the cloth to place over your face for a few minutes.
- Use as a makeup primer: before makeup application use bio oil to protect and prepare your face. Use a drop of the oil and spread over your face, let the oil sit and dry right before you apply your foundation.
- To remove makeup: bio oil has effective cleansing properties that can be used to remove substances such as makeup from your skin. To effectively remove eye makeup, you can simply pour some of the oil on a cotton blend and gently wipe the area.
- Pregnancy stretch marks: using the oil after pregnancy will help to vanish stretch marks from the skin. Using the oil during pregnancy prevents the stretch marks from forming on the skin which will lead to less stretch marks in the aftermath of your pregnancy.
- Even skin tone: apply a few drops of the oil to pigmented areas of your body and face. The oil will work to lighten the dark areas of your skin so that it can be on the same level as the other parts of your skin. The oil can be used for dark under eyes and other areas that have been burnt by the sun.
- Reverse aging: apply the oil to your wrinkles and all over your skin daily to make the skin appear younger. Bio oil helps to enhance the skin by boosting the skin’s elastin content and its collagen.
- Dry skin remedy: bio oil is comprised of a few essential oils that are known to moisturize the skin and leave it hydrates and glowing. The lavender and chamomile essential oils help to soften the skin and make it look and feel a lot healthier. Simply massage the bio oil on your skin’s surface daily and it will lead to long lasting effects for your skin.
- Massage oil: bio oil is the perfect solution to be used as a massage instrument. The properties within the oil can work well to loosen the muscles and joints. It will leave you feeling relaxed and satisfied, while replenishing the skin and creating an even skin tone.
- Pre shaving: before shaving your skin, apply bio oil so that your skin can be moisturized and this will prevent cuts and injuries as the area will be softened.
- Sunburn relief: the UV rays of the sun can cause skin irritation. When you are exposed to the sun for extended hours it burns you and leaves your skin appearing dull. Bio oil can help to reverse this. Its properties heals and replenishes the skin and gives you an amazing glow.
- As a lip balm: Once you have bio oil there is no necessity for an additional lip balm. You can simply apply a drop of the oil to your lips to keep them moisturized.
- To take a bath: To enhance your bath experience, pour 2-3 drops of the oil to your bath. It will provide relaxation instantly and it will cleanse and rejuvenate your skin.
- Makeup brush cleaner: After using your makeup items for a period of time they start to become dirty and start to build bacteria. Therefore your makeup items need to be cleaned after use. Failing to do this may lead to breakouts and acne and other skin conditions. Bio oil can work as an effective makeup brush cleaner. In order to use the product for this purpose, pour about 3 drops of the oil to a spray bottle and add water. Spray your brushes with the mixture daily and use a tissue to wipe them.
- Use to moisturize dry heels: If you have dry, cracked heels bio oil can work as a remedy for this. Apply 2-3 drops of the oil to warm water and soak your feet, you can use a foot scrub to rub away the dead skin for the area. You can perform this routine more than once per week in order to maintain softer and smoother feet.
Before You Buy
Here are a few pros and cons that you can consider before making the final decision to buy your bottle of bio oil:
- You can bring it with you wherever you go because the packaging makes it easy to travel with by any mode of travel.
- The texture of the oil is very light and the skin soaks up all of its elements very easily. It also does not leave a greasy feeling afterwards.
- It is perfect for persons with sensitive skin because its scent is very light, it does not have a strong fragrance.
- It is one of the most reliable methods of diminishing scars and stretch marks.
- The bottle can last you for a long period of time because it doesn’t require heavy use for applications.
- It is a very costly investment.
- It might cause a breakout for persons with oily skin because of the formula, which is oily itself.
Bio oil is used widely as a cosmetic product to restore that much wanted youthful look on the skin. Stretch marks disappear and acne bows away to this wonderful oil. It will not only heal your skin but also help it tone evenly and lighten the black marks that have been left behind by the acne. Your skin is left without blemish and naturally beautiful.
You can also use bio oil before applying that foundation on your face. It will help keep that shine and nourish your skin at the same time. You can also dab a little bio oil on your cheeks after makeup to give it that highlighted look.
Bio oil is well suited for massage purposes because it contains vitamins that help restore the skin back to order and also smoothen those rough spots like the elbows and knees. It eases up muscle and joint tension and what more would you want apart from this wholesome effect of bio oil on your skin, muscles and joints?
You can use bio oil to prepare your skin before shaving, this presents a smoother skin easy to shave.
Bio oil is also used on cuticles to preserve that manicured look on your nails. It will also prevent your hair from those annoying split ends.