Frangipani Essential Oil is extracted from the flowers of the “Plumeria” tree primarily via two extraction methods which are cold depression or solvent extraction methods. Frangipani is the common name of Plumeria Alba. The Plumeria tree belongs to the family of Dogbane or Apocynaceae. To date scientists and researchers across the world have discovered 9 species of Plumeria trees and some of the most popular species are Plumeria alba, Plumeria rubra, Plumeria pudica, and Plumeria obtusa. The Plumeria trees grow up to 3 to 8 meters long. The trees are evergreen with sharp branches. The Plumeria trees are native to Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. In India, it is abundantly present and popularly known as “tree of life” due to its magical properties for both skin and health.
The Frangipani essential oil is long-lasting which makes it highly conducive for uses in a wide range of products such as skin creams, lotions, and perfumes. Frangipani oil has deep-cleansing properties which greatly enhances the cleaning properties of shampoos and body washes that contain it. Frangipani Oil is also a very common and popular go-to ingredient in the skincare industry as it does not have any harmful chemicals which can damage the skin.
How does the Plumeria Plant Benefit the Skin?
The Plumeria plant has an array of wonderful benefits to the skin. This plant is rich in lignin, which is an organic polymer that helps in binding cells together thus giving them a proper structure. The presence of lignin ensures that frangipani oil helps in keeping the skin firm and supple at the same time.
Frangipani oil is also a growth stimulant. It has some very effective Antimicrobial and Antibacterial properties. It is also enriched with the healing properties of antioxidants which are amazing for your skin and your overall health. One of the antioxidants present in frangipani oil is Benzoic acid. Benzoic acid helps in reducing and inhibiting tissue damage that can be a result of any existing chronic disease in an individual. According to some reports, benzoic acid also has anti-cancer properties.
The Plumeria plant contains glycosides (sugar compounds present in the body) which provides support to collagen- it is a crucial component of the skin’s connective tissues. Glycosides are often used in skincare industries as it helps in the retention and absorption of other important ingredients as well. Plumeria trees are highly efficient in holding water molecules which ultimately helps in hydrating your skin. Plumeria trees also have anti-itching components as well which is why it is a key ingredient in many anti-itching creams.
Regular use of the Frangipani essential oil can help in detoxifying your skin which will make it more shiny and glowy. In elderly women, it helps as it has some amazing anti-aging properties.
The Plumeria tree is a blessing for those suffering from dry and cracked skin. It work by cleansing your skin which further helps in reducing acne and pimples. It moisturizes and rejuvenates the skin very well which will give a new glow to your dry and damaged skin.
This is how Plumeria plant help in providing bucket-full of benefits for your skin.
How to use Frangipani Oil?
Knowing the benefits of Frangipani oil for the skin is not sufficient, one must also know how to apply it to your skin effectively.
Frangipani Oil can be applied directly to the skin but if you are doubtful, then a skin test is recommended when you use it for the first time. To get the double benefits (Fragrance and skin-soothing properties) of Frangipani oil do make sure to mix and blend it well with coconut or olive oil. The mixture of 2 oils will give an extra mile of advantage to your skin. Although, you can blend it with other essential oils or simple oil as well.
Frangipani oil can also be used as a massage oil or as a diffuser for aromatherapy. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, the bark of the Plumeria plant can be used to reduce swelling in an individual.
A very effective study had been conducted to see its potential benefits for diabetic patients. The study ended up concluding that diabetic patients can be highly benefitted if they consume the tea made from the roots of the Plumeria plant.
In the case of pregnant ladies or nursing, consuming the essential oil orally is not recommended. Before doing so, do consult a highly qualified medical practitioner.
Additional benefits of Frangipani Oil
We have seen the benefits of the Plumeria tree in enhancing your skin texture. But apart from its advantages for the skin, it has enormous other benefits which surely we cannot miss to tell you. In this particular section of the article, we will highlight some of its other great advantages which can help you in your daily life’s stress and anxiety.
1. Brings back the Inner peace- The Frangipani Oil with its aroma can help in reducing your daily life stress and can make you connect with your inner-self. It has some superb calming qualities which can make your mind relaxed and can fill your soul with new high-spirited energy.
2. Boosts your self-confidence- It is highly recommended to use this oil whenever your self-confidence or esteem is lacking. The Frangipani essential oil is naturally rich in elements that can help in enhancing your confidence and personality as a whole.
3. Rich in antioxidants- As the Frangipani essential oil rich in antioxidant content, it helps in detoxifying your skin to a larger extent. The free and harmful free radicals can be removed easily which will help your organs and tissues from getting damaged.
4. Aphrodisiac Properties– The Frangipani oil extracts work as aphrodisiacs. It allows you to connect passionately with spiritual design. Trust and loyalty with your partner can be greatly enhanced as well.
5. Reduces headaches– In this stressful life filled with anxiety, nervousness, and high blood pressure headaches are very common. However, the analgesic properties of Frangipani essential oil will help in relieving your pain irrespective of what is the reason behind the pain.
6. Controls Depression- Frangipani oil is considered one of the best to get rid of depressing thoughts by soothing your mind with its great aroma. It is seen that frangipani oil stimulates the production of dopamine and serotonin, which makes your mood joyful and delighted.
7. Heals cracked heels- Frangipani essential oil heals the vitamin deficiency which can be a potential cause for cracked heels. You can mix Frangipani essential oil with other essential oils in a bucket of hot water and then soak your feet in it. You will end up seeing miraculous results after doing this procedure.
8. Relief from back pain- The analgesic, spasmolytic, and antispasmodic properties of the Frangipani essential oil help in relieving the back pain. Even though Frangiani oil may not get rid of your back pain completely but it is a highly efficient in reducing the pain to a great extent.
9. Soft and silky hair- We have already seen that the Frangipani essential oil is used in many skincare and haircare products like shampoos etc. The antioxidants property of essential oil nourishes the hair completely and ends up by giving you soft, shiny, and strong hair.
Frangipani essential oil has some other miscellaneous benefits as well:
- You can get instant relief from toothache by just applying a few drops of Frangipani essential oil.
- The crushed bark of Frangipani essential oil can help in reducing the swelling of an individual.
- Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of Frangipani essential oil, any body pain or muscle pain can be easily relieved.
- The Frangipani essential oil is used in relieving cough, fever, diarrhea, and dysentery.
- The Frangipani essential oil is also highly effective in preventing fainting or dizziness due to sunlight exposure.
- The essential oil can also cure digestive problems like constipation.
- The oil is effective in addressing the irregular discharge of urine.
- The trunk of Frangipani essential oil is filled with some magical compounds that help in regulating bowel movements.
- In some rare cases, the Frangipani essential oil can even cure ulcers.
Risks and Precautions when using Frangipani Essential oil
We have already discussed and highlighted the extensive benefits of Frangipani essential oil but that is only one side of the coin, we also need to shed a light on the risks and precautions you should take when using this essential oil.
Please note that Essential oils like Frangipani oil should not be applied directly to the skin but should be diluted first as they are highly concentrated. The essential oil should not be consumed orally as it can irritate and disturb the sensitive cells inside your body.
Even capsules containing essential oil should be avoided or should be taken only after consulting with a highly skilled and qualified healthcare professional. According to some experts, this essential oil should not be applied anywhere near sensitive areas of your body like eyes, ears, anus, and vagina.
Pregnant ladies and pets should stay highly cautious about the side-effects of Frangipani essential oil.