It’s safe to say that the majority of us suffer from thin, frizzy, damaged hair. This is typically a result of heating tools and styling products. Fortunately, there are a number of natural products and shampoos you can rely on to improve hair health and Jamaican black castor oil is just one of them. In this detailed post, we will be discussing the many benefits of Jamaican black castor oil and how to use it for shiny, silky and smooth hair. We will specifically be looking at how Jamaican Black Castor Oil an improve hair growth. We will also be looking at several remedies or recipes involving the use of Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil?
As the name probably indicates, Jamaican black castor oil is derived from beans that come all the way from West Africa. They beans are also found in the Island of Jamaica. This oil is especially rich in fatty acids and phytochemicals, making it an excellent choice for people who want to nourish their hair or skin. Over the years, Jamaican Black Castor Oil has been heavily used for increasing hair thickness and treating the scalp. Because of its incredibly potent formula, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is typically used as a natural alternative to medications such as Minoxidil to boost hair growth.
Additionally, unlike regular castor oil, Jamaican castor oil is extracted using a unique method. The seeds are first roasted then pulverized using a mortar. Once the beans have been mashed they are slow-boiled on a flame. This results in a thick, unadulterated dark brown castor oil that leaves a pungent scent, the final product is what we call Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Are you wondering why you should add Jamaican Black Castor Oil to your everyday hair care regimen? Here are a couple of reasons why.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that keeps dandruff at bay and moisturizes the scalp. This prevents inflammation and ensures you don’t have an itchy scalp to worry about.
If you’re tired of dealing with rough, dry and damaged hair, perhaps you should add Jamaican Black Castor oil to your list. The oil contains nutrients that nourish the scalp, ensuring the nutrients penetrate deep within. The moisture rich oil acts as a natural conditioner that can drastically improve hair health. Thanks to the oil’s replenishing formula, you can also expect soft and silky hair.
Improves Blood Circulation
Jamaican black castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid which is a type of omega fatty acid that can drastically improve hair health. Jamaican black castor oil nourishes the scalp by improving blood circulation, resulting in longer, stronger and healthier hair. Adding this oil to your hair care regimen can resort to many long lasting benefits, making your hair thicker from roots to tip.
Ways to Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
To make things easier, we’ve compiled an entire section dedicated to how you can use Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Remember that this oil has a thick consistency with a pungent smell, this might make the oil difficult to manage on its own which is why we recommend you mix it up with different ingredients and oils.
Here are a few remedies you can try to boost hair growth.
This first remedy will help you create a lovely hair mask using Jamaican black castor oil. Applying this mixture regularly can drastically improve hair growth by boosting blood circulation in the scalp.
- 1 tbsp. jojoba oil
- 3 tbsp. Jamaican black castor oil
You will also need a dropper bottle.
- Mix both the oils in the dropper bottle and shake the mixture well.
- Use the dropper to apply the mixture of oil on your scalp. This will become much easier if you part your hair and keep applying the mixture as you go along.
- Once you’ve thoroughly applied the oil in your scalp, use your fingers to massage your scalp in circular motions.
- For improved results, you may wear a shower cap and leave the mixture on your tresses for a couple of hours or overnight if you wish. You’re likely to see better results the longer you leave it on.
- Rinse your hair with shampoo in the morning as you normally would.
Here’s another remedy that will not only boost hair growth but will prevent hair breakage. A number of people swear by the benefits of using Jamaican Black Castor Oil for improving hair health. Here’s how you can add this remedy to your hair care regimen.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil as required
- For starters, we suggest you change into old clothes. This will reduce the chances of stains that can ruin new fabric.
- Pour a small amount of oil in your hands and massage it onto your scalp and on the roots.
- Ensure you don’t get too much oil on your hair as castor oil has a thick consistency and can be fairly difficult to remove. However, make sure the oil properly covers the scalp for optimum nourishment.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a plastic wrap to keep your hair in place.
- Leave the oil on for at least an hour. For better results, you can leave it on overnight before you wash it off with shampoo the next morning.
For added benefits, consider adding jojoba or grape seed oil to the mix. You may also combine oils such as coconut or almond oil for better results. Using these oils together can drastically improve hair health and increase the benefits of using Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Are you tired of dealing with dull, dry and damaged hair? If so, then it’s time you pay attention to your nutrition and eating habits. Additionally, it’s also time you start adding products such as Jamaican Black Castor Oil to your hair care regimen. Here’s another remedy that we’re sure you’ll love:
- 4 tbsp. Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp. organic honey
- Start by blending the avocado in a food processor or simply mash it with a lid or the back of a bottle.
- Add honey and castor oil to the mashed avocado to create a gooey mixture. Ensure the mix is well blended and is of the right consistency.
- Slowly part your hair and apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. For added benefits, ensure the mixture completely covers the entire length of your hair.
- Wear a shower mask to cover your hair and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. You can also leave the mixture on for much longer depending on your schedule.
- Wash your hair with shampoo like you normally would.
This is an incredibly effective nourishing mask that can drastically improve hair health. For added benefits, you may also add ingredients such as eggs or shea butter to the mix.
Wrapping it Up
We hope this detailed guide has helped you learn everything there is to know about how to use Jamaican Black Castor Oil. So what are you waiting for? It’s time you add this oil to your regular hair care regimen. Good luck!
<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LAFU8U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B006LAFU8U&linkCode=as2&tag=forrob-20&linkId=2ad48657ce70a4bf921cab04a16625e7″>Buy Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil 8 oz – Glass Bottle</a><img src=”//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=forrob-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B006LAFU8U” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />