Siberian Fir Essential Oil Benefits
Over the last couple of years, there has been an incredible rise in the popularity of essential oils. This is primarily because people like the idea of treating their health problems using natural products instead of artificial chemicals that can wreak havoc to their overall health.
In this post, we’ll be talking about the benefits and uses of Siberian fir essential oil. This essential oil has lately become the talk of the town and is mainly known for its natural property of purifying air. People who have used this particular essential oil can also not stop talking about its wonderful woody scent. Owing to its many benefits, perhaps it’s time you invest in a bottle of Siberian fir essential oil yourself.
What Is Siberian Fir Essential Oil?
As the name indicates, this oil is derived from the much loved Siberian fir tree which is a conifer tree found across Canada and Russia. The oil has a unique chemical composition (predominately bornyl acetate) which is why folks are able experience entire host of benefits. The essential oil has many soothing properties and is commonly used by people who want to enjoy a soothing massage.
However, Siberian Fir Essential Oil generally gets its fame because of its antiseptic properties. It is particularly effective for people who suffer from respiratory problems such as chronic bronchitis, laryngitis and sinusitis. Some people have also claimed how Siberian Fir Essential Oil is incredibly effective for treating dry cough.
While many people confuse this essential oil with balsam fir, it is not the same thing though both essential oils are derived from the same botanical family.
Respiratory Properties of Siberian Fir Essential Oil
Siberian Fir Essential Oil is widely known for its plethora of respiratory properties, some of which includes:
- Antiseptic: The essential oil contains terpenes that prevent the formation of respiratory viruses and bacteria. This makes Siberian Fir Essential Oil a favorite among people who are struggling with respiratory disorders.
- Decongestant: Do you find yourself twisting and turning in your sleep because of clogged airways? Well, using Siberian Fir Essential Oil might just make your life easier. This essential oil eliminates mucus, allowing you to breathe in and breathe out without worrying about congestion.
- Antispasmodic Properties: Are you suffering from a dry cough? Using Siberian Fir Essential Oil might just make your life a lot easier. This essential oil contains bornyle acetate that clears the airways and fights against spasms. This prevents cough and limits contraction of muscles.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Siberian Fir Essential Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that reduces irritation and calms the body against the invasion of foreign agents. This makes the essential oil especially great for people who suffer from allergies.
Other Uses and Benefits of Siberian Fir Essential Oil
Aside from its respiratory benefits, Siberian Fir Essential Oil can be used for a number of other benefits. It has an incredibly woody scent calms down folks who have been feeling a little anxious lately. Here are a few popular benefits and uses of Siberian Fir Essential Oil:
- Calms Anxiety: Want to unwind after a long day at work? Pour a couple of drops of this essential oil in your diffuser and you’re bound to feel better and less anxious. This will help you tackle practically any kind of difficult situation that’s ahead of you.
- Refreshing Scent: Most fragrances can become overpowering. Siberian Fir Essential Oil has an incredibly refreshing woody scent that is sure to become a favorite in your household. Simply add a couple of drops of this essential oil in your diffuser and you have yourself the perfect Christmas scent.
- Treats Minor Skin Irritation: Siberian Fir Essential Oil really does it all. Apart from its respiratory properties, the essential oil can successfully soothe and treat minor skin irritations. For added benefits, dilute the oil with fractionated coconut oil and apply it on the affected area. You should notice a prominent difference within a couple of days.
- Therapeutic Results: Come home and treat yourself to some scented candles or add a couple of drops of this essential oil in your diffuser. Massaging Siberian Fir Essential Oil on your skin can also help you feel better in the long run.
How to Use Siberian Fir Essential Oil
There are plenty of ways to use Siberian Fir Essential Oil, some of the most popular method includes:
Directly apply a few drop of Siberian Fir Essential Oil on your skin to treat irritation. You can also dilute the oil with other concoctions such as coconut oil to treat the affected area. Massaging the oil on your skin after working out or performing strenuous can also help you feel much better.
Use in a Diffuser
The next best way to use Siberian Fir Essential Oil is to pour a couple of drops in a diffuser. You can create a better fragrance by mixing other essential oils in the diffuser. Make sure the oil complements the woody scent of Siberian Fir Essential Oil.
Safety Precautions When Using Siberian Fir Essential Oil
As when using practically any kind of essential oil, there are a number of safety concerns and precautions you should be aware of when using Siberian Fir Essential Oil. This becomes especially important if you have young kids around the house. Here are some precautionary measures you should take:
Always Use Diluted Oil Topically
It’s probably best you dilute Siberian Fir Essential Oil in a carrier oil such as almond oil or coconut oil. Ideally, you should use a teaspoon of carrier oil if you wish to add 3 to 5 drops of essential oil. Doing so will reduce the chances of skin allergies and irritation. This is especially important if you’re using the oil on a child. Essential oils are made up of tiny molecular particles that can easily be absorbed in the bloodstream, this is why we advise you to use a carrier oil to minimize absorption.
It’s worth noting that essential oils are typically volatile. This means that prolonged exposure to sunlight, heat or oxygen can damage Siberian Fir Essential Oil. It is thus advised you store Siberian Fir Essential Oil in a dark bottle or in its original packaging. Ensure the bottle is securely fastened and stored in a cool, dry place, away from the reach of children.
To reduce the risk of accident, most essential oil bottles are packaged with a dropper. Use the dropper and follow the instructions printed on the package.
Speak to an Expert
If you suffer from a respiratory problem or are prone to skin allergies, it is crucial you speak to an expert before investing in a bottle of Siberian Fir Essential Oil. Pregnant and nursing women should also consult a doctor before topically using any kind of essential oil.
Hopefully, this detailed guide has provided you with ample amount of information regarding Siberian Fir Essential Oil. Is there anything you’d like to ask? Please drop us a comment in the comment section below!
2 thoughts on “Siberian Fir Essential Oil Benefits”
April 11, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Thanks for the reminder that the it’s important to store balsam fir products properly. I’d like to know more about such products because I’d like to start using beauty soaps for my skincare routine. Perhaps a balsam fir soap would be a good choice for that.
May 20, 2022 at 7:12 pm
In her article she specifically mentioned Siberian Fir is not the same as Blasam Fir.