The castor plant origin has been traced back to Ethiopia, however based on archeological findings its use was first documented by the ancient Egyptians. Historians have found documentation showing the production of black castor oil in Egypt dating back to many centuries ago. The Egyptians would roast the castor seeds, and then collect the oil that drained from it; this is where the production and use of black castor oil began. The Egyptians used them for many purposes and the oil continues to be widely used today all across the world.
The plant was not originated in Jamaica but it became popular on the island after it was shipped there during slavery. The slaves used their knowledge of using plants for medicine and cosmetic purposes to make use of the plant for these purposes. Additionally, the island eventually became known for the castor seed because they were the main producers of the seed at the time; this is how Jamaica became associated with the black castor oil.
To make Black castor oil, you first need to pick a group of the healthiest castor beans from the tree and put them out to dry until the pods break and the seeds become available. You them remove the seeds and roast them. Following this you will pound them and add them to a large pot over a wood fire. The contents simmer over the low heat fire and stirred continuously. Any oil that rises to the top of the pot is scooped away. This oil goes through additional phases where it is skimmed again to remove any water that might be in the oil. The process carries on until the pure Jamaican black castor oil is the result.
The black color comes about because the castor seeds are roasted and the ash put into oil, making it black, as opposed to the normal castor oil that is gold or yellow in color.
It is known for its hair care goodness, skin care, anti-microbial along other medicinal uses.
Let us look at some benefits of Jamaican castor oil
Black castor oil is an effective pain reliever. It works faster than its counterpart, the yellow castor oil. It is used to soothe back pain, headaches, muscular pains and other pains. Black castor oil will relieve pain from extremely painful conditions like arthritis and rheumatism.
There are properties in the Jamaican black castor oil, such as ricin oleic and undcylenic acids that allows it to possess immense power when it comes to healing. These components are used as natural anti-inflammatory agents. It has been used as a laxative for the longest of times.
This oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that are in many ways essential for hair growth, hair moisturizing, dry scalp treatment and general hair nourishment. It also helps in eliminating dandruff and prevents many other common conditions that affect your hair. So much nourishment can be gained from this one essential oil. Here are a few ways that the oil can be used for your hair:
- Hair loss can be caused by several reasons and can happen in young or old people and male or females. If you find that you have been losing hair rapidly it is not necessarily cause for alarm because it is a common issue that many people experience. The black castor oil is a good remedy to help you to reverse this. The oil is a good way to stop the hair loss and allow your hair to go back to a healthy state.
- If your want your hairs to grow faster and thicker then you need to add Jamaican black castor oil to your regular hair care routine. The oil will add volume and strength to your hair and give it a healthy shine.
- The process of applying the oil to your hair to get the hair growth benefits that it has to offer is quite simple. To use the organic oil on your hair, simply put a few drops into your palms and rub them through the hair and let the oil sit in the hair for a few hours or even overnight. Then you wash the hair thoroughly, do this at least once a week for a few weeks and you should see your hair growing and looking healthy.
- You can also apply a much simpler process in order to achieve and maintain smooth and shiny hair. Simply use the oil as your daily hair lotion. Massage a few drops of the oil to your hair and scalp and this should give you soft and moisturized hair daily.
- Your hair might get tangled from time to time and this is one of the most irritating problems that you can have with your hair. The Jamaican black castor oil will help you to soften and free your hair so that the tangle will be easily removed.
- Jamaican black castor oil helps with hair breakage and split ends. Your hair ends split when your hair lacks moisture and is rough and your hair breaks when it is weak and lacks nutrients and so is vulnerable to breaking apart when it is being brushed. The Jamaican black castor oil will restore the moisture to your hair and strengthen it to prevent it from breaking apart.
- Fungal infections can be one of the most difficult hair conditions to deal with. Once your hair is exposed to daily pollution and dust it is at risk for a fungal infection. This might lead to the necessity of cutting all your hair off and getting professional help. Black castor oil works as a remedy for this problem. Massaging the oil into your scalp and spreading it throughout your hair will help to fight the infection and help to facilitate a speedy recovery.
- When you think of popular hair conditions that affect a large number of people, dandruff should come to mind. There are so many remedies out there for this problem and black castor oil is one of the leading ones. Black castor oil will rid your hair of the dandruff without making it dry and will nourish and moisturize it in the process.
Here are some additional tips for using black castor oil for your hair:
- It is best used on wet hair; water helps the castor oil to spread easier on the hair and it facilitates easier absorption of the oil into the hair. So even if you are using the oil to add to your hair as a regular daily treatment on days that you are not washing it, dampen the hair or just add a little water before adding the oil.
- Do not use the oil excessively. You might think using more of the oil is better for your hair. However the less you use the better it works. The scalp of the hair absorbs small amounts of the oil easier and using large amounts may just result in a buildup that does not work as effectively.
- Use other oils to dilute black castor oil or to enhance its effectiveness at achieving its purposes. The addition of other oils will help to add to the aroma and will provide additional nutrients that will help in the remedial process. For example adding the ylang ylang essential oil for hair strengthening is ideal as the ylang ylang oil helps to stimulate hair growth and decrease sebum secretion. The tea tree oil candidate be a good addition to fight dandruff because it has potent antifungal qualities. When using black castor oil for moisturization, olive oil and coconut oil are good additions because of their amazing softening properties.
Eyebrows and Eyelashes
Jamaican Black Castor Oil can also help to make your lashes thick and long and it helps to grow your browser hairs and make them thicker. If your have thin brows and lashes you need to have the oil as a part of your daily routine. Before adding the oil to these areas ensure that your face is makeup free because having any barrier on the face will make the use of the oil futile, since it will not absorb into the skin. Wash the face with a gentle soap to clean the area and Pat dry with a clean towel. Now soak a clean cotton swab with the oil and use it to spread the oil evenly over the brows. Leave this treatment on the brows for the rest of the night and rinse in the morning when you wash your face with a gentle organic cleanser. To apply the oil to the lashes you can soak one of your mascara wands and apply it just like you would your mascara. You can also leave overnight with the brows and rinse thoroughly in the morning.
Black castor oil is the original form of castor oil, organic and unprocessed. It is an important partner when it comes to skin care.
Black castor oil hydrates the skin and helps it retain its moisture the fatty acids in it help trap moisture and important properties to restore that luster, supple and succulent.
The oil also cleanses the skin by removing toxins from the pores. This in return prevents inflammation and blackheads. It will also help in preventing some skin conditions like acne. When the skin is detoxified, there are little or no chances of habitations of acne, rashes and other afflictions. This is a huge relief and indeed a major solution to problems related to the skin.
With its omega-3 fatty acids, it helps clear the skin and pores become tighter. It will clear marks on the skin, which are brought by acne, ringworms, boils and warts. It heals athlete’s foot and relieves eczema. The oil also accelerates the healing of cuts and wounds.
The Jamaican black castor oil contains numerous anti-microbial components. It is antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral. This is a great source of healing for skin conditions such as eczema, fungal infections, dermatitis and rashes. It will treat sebaceous cysts and heal dry and inflamed skin and other afflictions associated with the skin. A one-stop-solution to most skin conditions.
There are specific ways to add the oil to your skin to make use of its benefits. Additionally there are best practices to consider when using the oil. Here are some tips to bear in mind:
- After bathing or washing the area of the skin that needs treatment, use cotton or a clean cloth to spread the oil all over the skin. Dab it into the skin and let it sit on it for a few hours or overnight. Rinse the oil from your skin with cold water. You can perform this process daily to maintain clear and healthy skin.
- If the skin condition that you are trying to remedy is a fungal infection, you can add the black castor oil directly to the problem area and letting it sit for a few hours. Rinse it off with clean water after the oil has been allowed to soak. You should apply this method every day until the fungus starts to clear up.
- In order to obtain the best results, do not use any black castor oil with additives or chemicals. The best option to use for all your skin conditions is the natural organic Jamaican black castor oil. It has all the beneficial properties that help with your issues. The other types lack the nutrients and composition to effectively heal and treat your skin conditions.
What are some of the safety measures that go with this oil?
Medicinal benefits are still under further research by scientist and most of these benefits are passed on from generations and people who have successfully used this essential oil. Therefore the perfect use is not yet determine but home remedy uses are not prohibited either.
If you leave a drop of the black castor oil, on your arm overnight, it can help you determine if there are any allergic reactions and you will know the way to proceed from there.
We have seen the numerous medicinal and other benefits of this oil. To begin with, it is a darling when it comes to skin care. Use it regularly to moisturize your skin and benefit from the fatty acids contained in this oil.
Black castor oil also acts as skin cleanser. It removes toxins from the skin pores, and prevents inflammation and blackheads. Other conditions such as eczema, acne, dermatitis, rashes and other skin afflictions are treated using this essential oil.
Your hair will also benefit a lot from this oil. The scalp is nourished and strengthened. Hair is moisturized well, restoring its sheen and keeping it healthy. This oil protects hair from falling off and splitting at ends. You will also find relief from dandruff.
Jamaican black castor oil contains anti-microbial properties that help in combating bacterial and fungal infections. It will prevent the growth of microbes and bacteria.
A natural healer is found in the black castor oil, a home remedy of choice when it comes to combating many conditions related to the skin