Cabreuva Essential Oil otherwise called Cabreuva Myrocarpus Fastigiatus essential oil is derived from the wood chips of a tall tropical tree found in Paraguay. It is originally from Brazil and Argentina. It was used by native South Americans to cure wounds. Cabreuva tree is mould and water resistant .it has a hypothalamus property.
The method used to extract this essential oil is steam distillation.
An essential oil is a concentrated fluid like substance that is obtained from plants. Most essential oils have powerful medicinal value to human beings. They are beneficial to our physical well-being and emotional wellbeing.
Essential oils are derived from various parts of plants, trees and shrubs. The parts used to get the oils are fruits, seeds, leaves, barks, flowers and the roots.
Extraction of Cabreuva Essential Oil through Steam Distillation
This method is the most ideal because the wood chippings of Cabreuva tree are sensitive to high temperatures. The steam cannot damage the wood chippings and the oil extracted will be of great quality. The steam under a lot of pressure is passed directly to the wood chippings and the oil evaporates from the wood. The vapors are allowed to condense so that the oil can be obtained. The oil will separate from the water vapor. The two can be separated through decantation or any other preferred method.
The steam distillation must take a maximum of six hours. This will enable the leaves to produce the best quality oil.
Quality of Cabreuva Essential Oil
Essential Oils should be of great quality in order to provide their health benefits. The oil should have a consistent frequency. Organic Cabreuva trees produce the best quality of oil since they have been grown naturally without any chemical additions. Chemicals can be pesticides and herbicides. Not using these chemicals is a great way to ensure the trees retain their original chemical composition.
Great quality Cabreuva oil has retained its original aroma of the wood chippings during the steam distillation. This is a great way to ensure the oil doesn’t lose its health benefits.
Dilution of Cabreuva Essential Oil is essential since it penetrates the skin easily. This is done using carrier oil. Coconut oil, olive oil and almond oils are great carrier oils. Carrier oils help the Essential Oil to act in the affected area for an extensive period of time.
Properties of Cabreuva Oil
Cabreuva oil heals skin that is excessively dry and softens it, in addition it’s a great emollient.
Cabreuva oil helps to relieve swellings.
It treats depression. It calms the mind and the nervous system.
Cabreuva oil treats allergic reaction. It particularly helps with congestion.
It help to fade scars and blemishes. This is because it promotes cell renewal.
It works to prevent oxidation. This a great property for preservation of substances.
Cabreuva oil prevents growth of bacteria in the body. It’s however required to be used adequately to achieve this benefit. This property helps it to fight infection especially on wounds.
This oil is said to fight cancer by killing the cancerous cells. Cabreuva oil has been tested on the breast and colon and there is documented proof.
Cabreuva Essential Oil is great for persons who are hypertensive. It helps to lower blood pressure.
Cabreuva oil destroys microorganisms and destroys microorganisms.
Helps to open up the bronchi, thus easing breathing through relaxation.
Cabreuva oil aids in mucus removal from the respiratory system.
It helps to balance hormones in both men and women.
This oil has been used as an aphrodisiac ever since its ability for enhancing sexual arousal was known.
Health Benefits of Cabreuva Essential Oil
- Cabreuva Essential Oil is used to treat scars and blemishes. This is enabled because it is a cicatrisant. It’s able to facilitate cell renewal.
- It can be used to treat acne. This is enabled since Cabreuva oil has antibacterial and anti microbial properties. Incorporating Cabreuva oil in our daily skin care routine will yield great results.
- It is used to heal wounds and cuts
- It is used to balance hormones in men and women. This will even impact on sex lives of individuals who use this oil. It has aphrodisiac properties.
- It is used to treat upper respiratory tract infections. Asthma, bronchitis and colds.
- It treats arthritis rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. The Essential Oil relieves the pain. The anti-inflammatory properties contained in Cabreuva oil aids in fighting arthritis.
- Severe burns can be treated with Cabreuva Essential Oil.
- It improves mental clarity. This yields mental alertness.
- Clears infections and rushes.
- Improves the level of the prostate cancer. This is made possible by the fact that Cabreuva oil kills cancer cells.
- Loosen stiff joints and relaxing tight muscles.
- Cabreuva oil is used to calm down senses. This is because it brings balance to the mind. Inhaling the Essential Oil directly is the most effective method in order to achieve this benefit.
- Cabreuva oil brings stability to the mind. It rejuvenates us and we are reenergized.
Other Uses of Cabreuva Essential Oil
Cabreuva Essential Oil is used in perfume making. This is because it has a warm scent. It’s perfect for massaging the body for relaxation purposes. It penetrated the skin easily.
Cabreuva Essential Oil can also be used on horses and pets. Spraying of pets to avoid insect from biting and stinging
Methods of using Cabreuva Oil
Cabreuva Essential Oil can be used internally and externally.
- This Essential Oil can be used to massage the body. This is a great way to get localized benefits of the oil.
- Topical application-These is application on a surface that you want the oil to act on. It could be scalp, hair and nails. However there are parts where if the Essential Oil if placed it is well localized to achieve the health benefits. These parts are;
- Under the nose
- Back of the neck
- Across the forehead
- Bottom of the feet.
Topical application is the best method since it acts immediately, in addition it’s also great since it provides muscle relief.
Inhaling the Oil
- This is sniffing the oil to reap its health benefits. You can sniff directly from the bottle but this may compromise the quality and shelf life of the oil in the bottle. The best way to inhale Cabreuva Essential Oil is through an inhaler or through necklace diffuser. A necklace diffuser has a pendant where you place Cabreuva Essential Oil and inhale throughout the day. This method promotes alertness of the mind.
You use a hot towel to compress the affected area .This will help to increase the absorption on the affected area.
Mixing the oil with water and spraying on the intended part.
- You use a room diffuser and place you Essential Oil inside it helps to emits the aroma containing the oil to help with aromatherapy. Most yoga instructors use this for aromatherapy during their sessions.
- Bathing after mixing with body splashes and bathing oils.
- Mouth wash you gargle the oil when it’s been mixed with water.
- You can mix the oil with your face scrub during exfoliation.
You mix Cabreuva oil with extremely hot water in a bowl. Cover your face with a towel and lean over the bowl with the hot water and oil. This method is best for relieving congestion in the respiratory system.
- Showering after application is also a great to help the Essential Oil get absorbed.
Blending of Cabreuva Oil
Oil blending is the mixing of two or more Essential Oils. This blending helps the oil to give maximum benefits to the user of the oil. Oils have varied viscosity and scents. Some are more viscous and others are less viscous. Some oils are strongly scented and other oils have very mild scents.
These factors, viscosity and scents, are what determine what kind of oil will be blended. Oils that are thick are mixed with thin oil .This will help the effects of the oil that are very beneficial to last longer when used. Their effectiveness is also maximized when they are blended.
When blending oils it is advisable to use glass materials. Metallic utensils should be avoided at all costs. During the blending of Essential Oils you need to know which category your oils fall in.
Category of Essential Oils
- Minty oils-
- Floral oils
- Woody oils
- Earthy oils
- Camphor oils
- herbaceous oils
- citrus oils
- spicy oils
Once you know which class your Essential Oil fall sin it will be easier to blend them. Oils should be mixed with the oils they fall in the same category in.
Cabreuva oil blends perfectly with most Essential Oils. It blends well with myrrh, cedar wood sandalwood and frankincense.
This combination is perfect for meditation and yoga practice. They should be inhaled through room diffusion.
Storage of Cabreuva Essential Oil
Cabreuva oil should be stored in a dry and dark container. This dark container is to prevent a lot of light. It should be stored in a tightly sealed container and placed in a well-ventilated room away from direct sunlight.
Cabreuva oil can stay for years without deteriorating or giving of an unpleasant smell. None the less over time it will lose its medicinal value due to oxidation. It’s therefore advisable to prepare just a small quantity to be used for a short period.
Shelf Life of Cabreuva Oil
Cabreuva oil shelf life is also determined by the following factors;
- Quality of the wood chippings used to get the oil.
- Accuracy during the steam distillation.
- Pressure and time used during distillation
- Equipment used during the steam distillation
- Method used to store the oil
- The bottling of the oil. The container you chose to store your oil is of great importance too. This is because it will determine if the quality of the oil deteriorates over time.
- Natural components of Cabreuva oil. How the Cabreuva tree was cultivated is the sole contributor of its natural ingredients. Organic Cabreuva trees produce the best Cabreuva oil.
- Method used to harvest the wood chippings from the tree.
Cabreuva shelf life can be increased by making sure there is no oxidation whatsoever. This can be achieved if the bottles are tightly closed. The oils can be refrigerated and stored away from direct sunlight.
Safety Measures When using Cabreuva Essential Oil
Ensure the appearance of the oil is clear. It should be pale yellow in color. If the oil appears to be discolored, it is an indication that it quality is poor. This is a pointer of poor extraction method. Quality can also be determined by the soil and water used to grow the plant.
Age of the person intending to use the oil
This is very important since the skin of children is more sensitive than adults.
State of the skin
Damaged skin should only be applied Cabreuva oil in diluted form.
Cabreuva oil should be used correctly to achieve the health benefits. Four to six drops are the most ideal per session. The method to be used to use the oil is also a determining factor.
Dilution of Cabreuva Essential Oil
Cabreuva oil can be used after dilution or before dilution .some of the factors we consider before diluting it are;
The chemical components of the oil
If the oil is too toxic it needs carrier oil. This will help the Cabreuva oil not to damage the dermis during topical application.
The age of the user of the oil
The older we get our skins becomes more sensitive and need extra care. Children too have sensitive skin. Dilution is required here to avoid unwanted dermal reactions. Expectant and lactating mothers should also avoid using this oil and if possible. This is a controversial area since the oil can pass through the placenta and reach the child.
Cabreuva Essential Oil is a little known oil but it has awesome benefits. It should be used regularly to achieve the best results. Cabreuva oil can be used by both adults and children. However, pregnant women are warned against using it. This oil should be diluted before use and it’s wiser to perform a patch test on the skin before application. This is to know if you are allergic to the oil or not.