Both Argan Oil and Almond Oil have many health and beauty benefits. Many people find comfort in these oils everyday. But it all comes down to ” Which one is better?”. Let’s break it down and see which oil has more benefits.
Argan Oil Health Benefits
This oil is becoming better known in the recent years. Argan Oil contains 80% unsaturated fat, of which 32% is essential linoleic fatty acids and 47% oleic acid. This makes Argan Oil similar to Canola Oil and Olive Oil. However, the Argan Oil is more stable and three times richer in Vitamin E. As a healthy and traditional fat, this oil has been associated with preventing oxidation and hence slow aging, boosting brain power and stimulating digestion. Many modern researches are suggesting that Argan Oil have many health benefits such as:
- Builds brain capacity and stimulates the nervous system
- Stabilizes blood sugar and insulin levels
- Facilitates digestion
- Reduces rheumatism and joint pain
- Powerful anti-oxidant action
Processing to Argan Oil Benefits
As with any other food, processing is very important. There are two different processed that are used to extract this oil.
- High impact mechanical techniques done by big companies
- Traditional manual pressure extraction done by small native cooperatives
The quality of the final product is greatly affected by the method used for processing. If you consume Argan oil as a food, then it is very important that the oil is processed in a traditional, manual way.
Traditional Processing of The Argan Oil
In order to produce the highest quality oil rich in antioxidants, it is important to follow these steps:
- The argan fruits need to be harvested from stands of trees and then left to dry on the roofs of mud houses.
- The pits need to be manually removed with two stones.
- The thin protective skin needs to be peeled off, and then light toast the pits.
- Then the slightly heated pits need to be ground and kneaded in stone mills to produce a creamy paste.
- After 30 minutes of continuous mixing, small amounts of boiled water needs to be added so the oil can slowly dissociate from the rest of the paste.
- Voila, you now have Argan Oil in its true form.
Please note that like any other product, you get what you pay for. If the price of the oil is too good to be true, then its most likely that the oil is not pure.
Argan Oil in Your Kitchen
Many cuisines across the world use argan oil to season dishes, adding flavor to tagines, grilled vegetables and desserts. Many great chefs in Europe have borrowed this secret to add depth to their dishes.
Prepare this salad dressing and be like the professional chef:
- 2 tbs argan oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Mix the vinegar and oils together in a bowl.
- Emulsify the honey and mustard into the liquid with a fork.
- Serve fresh – immediately.
Argan Oil Beauty Benefits
This oil is more used for beauty rather than health benefits. It is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients for your hair and skin. Many celebrities use this oil as their cosmetic choice. Here are some Health Benefits of Argan Oil:
Argan oil is commonly used as a skin moisturiser, used to hydrate skin and make it soft. With its high concentration of Vitamin E and fatty acids, it’s the ideal product to give your skin a natural boost. It’s non-greasy and non-irritation, and can be used for all types of skins. Simply smooth a few drops and start with gentle rubbing motions apply the oil to your body and face.
This oil is proven to make your hair softer, shinier and silkier. It is probably the best hair conditioner, and can even help in treating split ends. Using this product to condition your hair is very easy.
Sleek and Shine Styling
Due to its ability to give hair shine, argan oil is used as a styling agent. It makes your hair more manageable and adds a healthy, attractive shine to any hair style. Make sure you apply the oil after blow-drying
Argan Oil can make your skin glow and reduce visibility of wrinkles. It restores elasticity and makes your skin feel plumper and softer. Apply few drops on your hands and massage your face.
Dry Skin Conditions
People with dry skin or eczema can benefit from Argan Oil. It’s vitamin E and fatty acids are great for repairing damaged skin and providing the nutrients to prevent further dryness and irritation.
Acne can be annoying and depressing. Just a few drops can clear mild acne. Make sure that you wash your face before applying the oil.
Protection and Healing
Few drops of this oil can help in speeding up the healing process of a damaged skin, reduce inflammation and soothing pain.
Pregnant women’s worst nightmare are stretch marks. Argan oil can increase the elastic of the skin which makes it perfect for this problem.
Foot, Hand and Nail Treatment
This oil can heal dry hands and cracked skin on feet. Massage a few drops of argan oil on your hands and feet before going to bed.
We all known that winter can be pretty cruel on our lips, making it dry and cracked. Rub a drop into your dry lips as a balm and enjoy the snow.
Almond Oil Health Benefits
Almonds are something that everyone enjoys. Other than it being a tasty food, it has a lot of healthy benefits as oil. There are two types of Almond Oil:
Almond oil that is extracted from almonds with high=heat processing and chemicals. This method has a negative effect on the nutritional value of the oil, as this process destroys many of the nutrients during the chemical treatments.
Made by pressing raw almonds without the use of high heat and chemical agents. This process helps the almond oil to retain its nutrient content, which makes it a better choice for culinary uses.
Almond Oil is an amazing source of Vitamin K and Vitamin E. Most of the health related benefits come from its high amount of healthy fats. With this content, the Almond oil has a huge variety of potential health benefits:
- Keeps your heart healthy: This oil consists of 70% monounsaturated fat, for which many studies proves that it has beneficial effects on heart health. These fats increase the levels of ‘’good’’ HDL cholesterol, and lower the ‘’bad’’ LDL cholesterol.
- High in antioxidants: It has a great source of Vitamin E. This vitamin protects the cells from harmful substances.
- Beneficial for Blood Sugar Control: Adding almond oil can help you lower your blood sugar. Its monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are shown to help lower BP in people with diabetes.
- May Aid Weight Loss: A diet rich in healthy fats may help you lose weight. Many people avoid consuming fats, thinking that they are the cause of weight gaining, but consuming the right fats can in fact aid in weight loss.
Beauty Benefits of Almond Oil
Almond oil has many benefits and is widely used in the Beauty industry. It is used for both skin and hair. It is known to:
Makes your Skin Healthier
Having healthy and glowing skin is not expensive, if you know which oil to use. Having Vitamin E, A and B, this oil seals the moisture in the skin, ensuring the pores aren’t blocked.
Reduces Dark Circles
Apply few drops under your eyes and leave it overnight. The vitamin E will take care of the rest.
Delay Signs of Aging
Applying Almond Oil every day will make your skin feel younger. The fatty acids and vitamin E is known to reverse and prevent signs of aging.
Removes Impurities and Dead Skin Cells
The moisturizing property of almond oil makes it easy to remove the dead skin cells. Massage your face every night and your skin will glow.
Cures Psoriasis and Eczema
Almond oil is well known to cure skin problems like acne, eczema and psoriasis. Reduces skin irritation and relaxes the skin.
Long and Healthy Hair
A rich source of magnesium prevents hair fall. That is why it is used in a wide range of hair care products.
Gets Rid of Split Ends
Mix some almond, castor and olive oil in equal proportions and massage your hair with this mixture. Apply it twice a week.
Dandruff can be pretty annoying. Applying a mixture of powdered amla and almond oil can fix this. Keep the mixture for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
Reduces Scalp Inflammations
Its content of fatty acids softens the scalp tissues and improves blood circulation.
Both Argan oil and Almond oil have great Health and Beauty Benefits. We can all agree that both of the oils make people’s lives better and therefore we cannot choose a winner.