Nerolina essential oil is a tree with barks that resembles papers. It’s originally from Australia. The parts used to extract the oil are the leaves. The recommended method of extraction is steam distillation. . An essential oil is a powerful concentrated liquid derived from a plant. They have strong medicinal value to human beings. Essential oils can be derived from any part of a plant, tree or shrub. Most essential oils are obtained from the stems, leaves, barks, roots, fruits, seeds and flowers.
Nerolina Extraction through steam distillation
This method is the most ideal because the leaves of nerolina tree are very sensitive to high temperatures. The steam cannot damage the leaves and the oil extracted will be of great quality. The steam under a lot of pressure is passed directly to the leaves and the oil evaporates from the leaves. The vapors are allowed to condense so that the oil can be obtained. The oil will separate from the water vapor. The two can be separated through decantation or any other preferred method.
The steam distillation must take a maximum of six hours. This will enable the leaves to produce the best quality oil.
Quality of nerolina essential oil
Essential oils should be of great quality in order to provide their health benefits. The oil should have a consistent frequency. Organic nerolina trees produce the best quality of oil since they have been grown naturally without any chemical additions. Chemicals can be pesticides and herbicides. Not using these chemicals is a great way to ensure the trees retain their original chemical composition.
Great quality nerolina oil has retained its original aroma of the wood chippings during the steam distillation. This is a great way to ensure the oil doesn’t lose its health benefits.
Dilution of nerolina essential oil is essential since it penetrates the skin easily. This is done using carrier oil. Coconut oil, olive oil and almond oils are great carrier oils. Carrier oils help the essential oil to act in the affected area for an extensive period of time.
Properties of nerolina oil
- Moisturizer-nerolina oil heals skin that is excessively dry and softens it. It’s a great emollient
- Anti-inflammatory-nerolina oil helps to relieve swellings.
- Anti-depressant-It treats depression. It calms the mind and the nervous system.
- Anti-histamine-neroina oil treats allergic reaction. It particularly helps with congestion.
- Cicatrisant-It help to fade scars and blemishes .This is because it promotes cell renewal.
- Anti-oxidant-It prevents oxidation. This is a great property for preservation of substances.
- Anti-bacteria-nerolina oil prevents growth of bacteria in the body. It’s however required to be used adequately to achieve this benefit. This property helps it to fight infection especially on wounds.
- Anticancer-This oil is said to fight cancer by killing the cancerous cells. Nerolina oil has been tested on the breast and colon and there is documented proof.
- Vermifuge -Nerolina oil can be used to get rid of intestinal warms.
- Antimicrobial-nerolina oil destroys microorganisms and destroys microorganisms.
- Bronchodilator-Helps to open up the bronchi. This enables easing breathing through relaxation.
- Expectorant-nerolina oil, aids in mucus removal from the respiratory system.
- Febrifuge-It can be used to lower body temperatures
- Anti analgesic-It is used as a pain killer
- Balsamic-Helps in nutrients absorption.
Health benefits of nerolina essential oil
- nerolina essential oil is used to treat scars and blemishes .This is enabled because it is a cicatrisant. It’s able to facilitate cell renewal.
- It can be used to treat acne. This is enabled since nerolina oil has antibacterial and anti microbial properties. Incorporating nerolina oil in our daily skin care routine will yield great results.
- It is used to heal wounds and cuts
- Nerolina can be used to treat numbness and headaches..
- It is used to treat upper respiratory tract infections. Asthma, bronchitis and colds.
- It treats arthritis rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. The essential oil relieves the pain. The anti-inflammatory properties contained in nerolina oil aids in fighting arthritis.
- Severe burns can be treated with nerolina essential oil.
- It improves mental clarity. This yields mental alertness.
- Clears infections and rushes.
- Helps to distribute and absorb nutrients of the body since it has balsamic properties.
- Loosen stiff joints and relaxing tight muscles.
- Nerolina oil is used to calm down senses. This is because it brings balance to the mind. Inhaling the essential oil directly is the most effective method in order to achieve this benefit.
- Nerolina oil brings stability to the mind. It rejuvenates us and we are reenergized.
Other uses of nerolina essential oil
nerolina essential oil is used in perfume making. This is because it has a warm scent. It’s perfect for massaging the body for relaxation purposes. It penetrated the skin easily.
nerolina essential oil can also be used on horses and pets. Spraying of pets to avoid insect from biting and stinging
Methods of using nerolina oil
Nerolina essential oil can be used internally and externally.
- This essential oil can be used to massage the body. This is a great way to get localized benefits of the oil.
- Topical application-These is application on a surface that you want the oil to act on. It could be scalp, hair and nails. However there are parts where if the essential oil if placed it is well localized to achieve the health benefits. These parts are;
- Under the nose
- Back of the neck
- Across the forehead
- Bottom of the feet.
Topical application is the best method since it acts immediately. It’s also great since it provides muscle relief.
- Inhaling the oil-This is sniffing the oil to reap its health benefits. You can sniff directly from the bottle but this may compromise the quality and shelf life of the oil in the bottle. The best way to inhale nerolina essential oil is through an inhaler or through necklace diffuser. A necklace diffuser has a pendant where you place nerolina essential oil and inhale throughout the day. This method promotes alertness of the mind.
- Aroma damping-You use a hot towel to compress the affected area .This will help to increase the absorption on the affected area.
- Mist spraying-Mixing the oil with water and spraying on the intended part.
- Room diffusion-You use a room diffuser and place you essential oil inside it helps to emits the aroma containing the oil to help with aromatherapy. Most yoga instructors use this for aromatherapy during their sessions.
- Bathing after mixing with body splashes and bathing oils.
- Mouth wash you gargle the oil when it’s been mixed with water.
- Face scrubs. You can mix the oil with your face scrub during exfoliation.
- Steam distillation. You mix nerolina oil with extremely hot water in a bowl. Cover your face with a towel and lean over the bowl with the hot water and oil. This method is best for relieving congestion in the respiratory system.
- Showering after application is also a great to help the essential oil get absorbed.
Blending of nerolinaa oil
Oil blending is the mixing of two or more essential oils. Oil blending helps the oil to give maximum benefits to the user of the oil. Oils have varied viscosity and scents. Some are more viscous and others are less viscous. Some oils are strongly scented and other oils have very mild scents.
These factors, viscosity and scents, are what determine what kind of oil will be blended. Oils that are thick are mixed with thin oil .This will help the effects of the oil that are very beneficial to last longer when used. Their effectiveness is also maximized when they are blended.
When blending oils it is advisable to use glass materials. Metallic utensils should be avoided at all costs. During the blending of essential oils you need to know which category your oils fall in.
Category of essential oils
- Minty oils-
- Floral oils
- Woody oils
- Earthy oils
- Camphor oils
- herbaceous oils
- citrus oils
- spicy oils
Once you know which class your essential oil fall sin it will be easier to blend them. Oils should be mixed with the oils they fall in the same category in.
nerolina oil blends perfectly with most essential oils. It blends well with lavender, pine, peppermint, fennel and coriander
This combination is perfect for meditation and yoga practice. They should be inhaled through room diffusion.
Storage of nerolina essential oil
Nerolina oil should be stored in a dry and dark container. This dark container is to prevent a lot of light. It should be stored in a tightly sealed container and placed in a well-ventilated room away from direct sunlight.
Nerolina oil can stay for years without deteriorating or giving of an unpleasant smell. None the less over time it will lose its medicinal value due to oxidation. It’s therefore advisable to prepare just a small quantity to be used for a short period.
Nerolina oil shelf life is also determined by the following factors;
- Quality of the wood chippings used to get the oil.
- Accuracy during the steam distillation.
- Pressure and time used during distillation
- Equipment used during the steam distillation
- Method used to store the oil
- The bottling of the oil. The container you chose to store your oil is of great importance too. This is because it will determine if the quality of the oil deteriorates over time.
- Natural components of nerolina oil. How the nerolina tree was cultivated is the sole contributor of its natural ingredients. Organic nerolina trees produce the best nerolina oil.
- Method used to harvest the wood chippings from the tree.
Nerolina shelf life can be increased by making sure there is no oxidation whatsoever. This can be achieved if the bottles are tightly closed. The oils can be refrigerated and stored away from direct sunlight.
Safety measures to consider when using nerolina essential oil
- Appearance-Ensure the appearance of the oil is clear. It should be pale yellow in color. If the oil appears to be discolored, it is an indication that it quality is poor. This is a pointer of poor extraction method. Quality can also be determined by the soil and water used to grow the plant.
- Age of the person intending to use the oil-This is very important since the skin of children is more sensitive than adults.
- State of the skin you intend to apply the oil on. Damaged skin should only be applied nerolina oil in diluted form.
- Dosage you are supposed to use. nerolina oil should be used correctly to achieve the health benefits. Four to six drops are the most ideal per session. The method to be used to use the oil is also a determining factor.
Dilution of nerolina essential oil
Nerolina oil can be used after dilution or before dilution .some of the factors we consider before diluting it are;
- The chemical components of the oil. If the oil is too toxic it needs carrier oil. This will help the nerolina oil not to damage the dermis during topical application.
- The age of the user of the oil. The older we get our skins becomes more sensitive and need extra care. Children too have sensitive skin. Dilution is required here to avoid unwanted dermal reactions.
- Expectant and lactating mothers should avoid using this oil and if need be useless concentrated nerolina. However, this is a controversial area since the oil can pass through the placenta and reach the baby.
Nerolina essential oil is a little known oil but it has awesome benefits. It should be used regularly to achieve the best results. Nerolina oil can be used by both adults and children. However, pregnant women are warned against using it. This oil should be diluted before use and it’s wiser to perform a patch test on the skin before application. This is to know if you are allergic to the oil or not.